Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Miniature Glass Aquarium


A while ago I wanted a miniature aquarium for my mini display. After pricing them online they quickley became costly. Ann Zinn sells her aquarium at Mainly Mini's for around $ 179.00 !! Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing! you do however pay extra for the matching stand. I would pay this amount for a 100 plus gallon life size aquarium, but for one in miniature... well... No! ... So I set out to create my own. I found the glass boxes online, I used either natural rocks or microbeads for the gravel. I accented the tank with tiny plastic plants, natural tiny seashells and mini resin fish I found on ebay. Next I had to fill the tank... after a couple of flubs... I filled the aquariums with a resin filler I found at Walmart of all places. In their crafting department it only cost me $ 5.00 ! Can't beat those prices. And there you go... not an Alice Zinn aquarium... But one I can display none the less... Next I made a couple of Reptile habitats as wel...


No comments:

Post a Comment