Friday, June 4, 2010

Nothing To Do With Creativity

Recently, my sister in-law had a massive seizure, and hit her temporal lobe in the process of falling... thus giving her some brain damage. All this after giving birth to my new nephew. My older nephew called to tell me his mom wasn't talking and was on the floor. I rushed over there not knowing what I might find, and half expecting her to say " I'm okay, I just fell" but this wasn't the case. After calling 911 on my way to their house, I finally get to her and well... the lights were on but nobody was home... they took her to the hospital and she has made baby steps each day so far... Yet her personality is dulled and now that she can talk, it is beyond slow or a delay in her response. She doesn't engage in conversation, but will respond to what you have said to her. All this has left our family tired and overwhelmed to say the least. We can only pray that time will bring her back full circle... for my brother, her children and the rest of us....

No comments:

Post a Comment